Sound Off Rules & Regulations
The Sound Off
Contest/Showcase Rules & Regulations
WHO CAN ENTER:
1) All entrants must be over the age of 18.
2) Only one entry per artist/band in this contest will be permitted.
HOW TO ENTER:
1) Each application turned into Sound Off is subject to a one time, non-refundable fee of $20.00 to 4MS Entertainment. We accept cash, check, and major credit cards. If submitting applications via email, you may include your credit card number for authorization of payment or call 865.544.4199 to give it over the phone.
2) The entry period is from MARCH 9, 2011 through AUGUST 24, 2011. To enter the contest, an artist must submit a completed application, $20 non-refundable fee, and either links to or copies of the artist’s original music. All music must be original, created and performed by the person(s) submitting.
3) All entries must be received by The Square Room no later than August 24, 2011 at 5:00pm. They can be emailed, hand delivered or mailed to the following address:
Attn: SOUND OFF APPLICATION
4 Market Square
Knoxville, TN 37902
4) 4MS Entertainment is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected mail or electronic mail.
5) Incomplete entries may be disqualified in 4MSE’s sole discretion. All entries become the property of 4MSE and may not be acknowledged or returned.
6) By entering this contest, entrants understand and agree that 4MSE may elect to use any entry submitted for entertainment purposes on-air for promotion of the event.
HOW TO WIN:
1) Judges designated by 4MS Entertainment will choose 25 bands to compete for the Grand Prize. Semi-finalists will be contacted by a 4MSE representative via email. The 25 selected semi-finalists will be divided into five groups of five and will be assigned a day to compete. A winner from each evening’s performance will advance to the finals to take place on Wednesday, March 7, 2012. Selection of the top 25 bands will be in the sole discretion of the Judges, and is not subject to dispute or appeal.
2) The 25 semi-finalists will be contacted by 4MSE by email as they are selected after August 24, 2011
and assigned their date of performance. Each artist/band will be assigned one of the following dates to perform. One winner will be selected each night and will advance to the finals.
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
3) The 25 semi-finalists, 5 finalists & one Wild Card will be judged on a variety of criteria. Crowd reaction will account for 30% of the scoring and ‘celebrity judges’ will score the remaining 70% of each band/musician’s performance on various levels of skill such as songwriting, cover song creativity and execution, stage presence, etc.
4) Each artist/band will perform a total of three songs. Two songs will be original music by the band/artist and the 3rd will be a cover song. Artist/bands will be notified 2 weeks prior to their performance which famous artist/band they will be covering. It is up to each individual band/artist to select the song; 4MS Entertainment will assign which famous artist to select from for each month’s event. For example, if the artist of December is Bob Dylan, artists/bands may choose any song by Bob Dylan to perform.
5) The Grand Prize winner will be announced directly following the March 7, 2012 final competition.
6) The ‘Wild Card’ will be selected after the Round 5 winner is selected. This ‘Wild Card’ will be determined based on which band/performer had the highest overall score without advancing to the finals by winning his/her individual round.
PRIZE(S)/ODDS OF WINNING/SIGNIFICANT RESTRICTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
1) Odds of being selected as a Finalists depend on total number of entries. Odds of a Finalist winning Grand Prize will be no greater than 1 in 25.
2) The Grand Prize winner will receive 2 days recording with Eric Nowinski of Rock Snob Studios, $400 worth of customized merchandise from Nouveau Graphics, radio play on WUTK, an opening gig for an AC Entertainment show and $100 in gear from Rik’s (up to 5 members only).
3) If the Grand Prize Winner is forfeited an alternate grand prize winner will be selected.
4) Regardless of the circumstances, there will be no cash alternatives for prizes.
7) Grand Prize has no monetary value. However should the issue arise, Winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on the prizes won based on the estimated retail value of the prize received and will receive one or more IRS 1099 for the value of the all prizes received.
OTHER CONTEST RULES:
1) All backline is provided by Rik’s. No additional equipment is allowed without prior clearance from 4MS Entertainment.
2) By participating in this contest, each entrant hereby consents to 4MS Entertainment using the contestant’s name, voice, likeness, biographical information, entry/essay contents, his/her participation in the contest, and the substance of the contestant’s entry (in whole or in part) for on-air broadcast, recording and for advertising and promotional purposes. Entrant agrees that no compensation will be paid for such usage.
3) In the event of any dispute or contest rule interpretation, 4MS Entertainment Management shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the contest and the interpretation of contest rules. The decisions of 4MS Entertainment Management shall be final.
4) Entry into this contest constitutes agreement by contestant to abide by these rules.
5) 4MS Entertainment reserves the right to change, alter or modify these rules at any time with or without written notice. These contest rules supercede, to the extent only of any conflict, 4MS Entertainment’s general contest rules.
6) 4MS Entertainment reserves the right to end or stop any contest at any time and for any reason.